My New Home

Hello, readers!

I must apologize for my lack of blog posts since July. I have recently moved into a new apartment with my boyfriend. For those of you who are unaware of the amount of stress that goes into moving, I can sum it up for you in one word: #*$%!



I had been living in my old apartment for eight years, and being the nerd that I am, I had accumulated a lot of stuff. Figuring out how to move my extensive book collection, as well as the many Batgirls that guard it was complicated to say the least. My plethora of costumes and their accessories also posed several problems. For example, how do I transport my non-collapsible hat collection?

Luckily, with the help of family, friends, and the Imperial Movers crew, we figured everything out and got it all to the new apartment safely. That was almost two months ago.

Since then, Adam and I have been figuring out the best way to combine our lives into our new small space. Combining bookshelves was an exciting challenge on which we're still working. Adam's Star Wars figurines now have to share space with Barbara Gordon.  While some things pose minor problems, we thankfully agree on most things. For example, my Harry vs. Voldy fan art will be hung prominently in the center of our hallway. The TARDIS hanging sign on our bedroom door (featured above) was the first thing we did in the place...because priorities.  And of course, a Hogwarts banner hangs on the other side.

Moving in with another person can be a challenge. However, the fact that Adam and I are huge nerds, has made the process quite enjoyable. Of course, there is the one problem of me needing a few more Trek items to balance his Star Wars stuff. But I am sure our love will prevail. And Star Trek is better anyway.

*dodges bullets*

Home Sweet Home