Wrackspurt?

So I got a bit crafty last night. While I was toiling away at a new batch of Slytherin colored hair bows, I got to thinking. I have all this orange colored yarn left over from Chudley Cannon bows, and it's just taking up space in my basket. I decided to search the Interwebs for some ideas for scrap yarn.

For a brief moment I settled on knitting a bowl of oranges, but that didn't seem right to me. Too boring. Finally I found these guys: Mini Aliens. They are just about the cutest things ever. And so quick to knit... if you have the correct yarn. The pattern called for sport weight yarn. I had chunky yarn. This was going to be interesting.

As it turned out, it wasn't so terrible. While it's definitely true that these little guys look much better small (yes, that chunky orange yarn makes you look fat), he is kind of adorable with his very bright color, uneven blue eyes and tiny nose.

I've decided he'll be a wrackspurt (although I don't know how one that big and visible could get into your ears...) perhaps he was just born too large and too tangible to join in his kind's favorite pastime of invading people's ear passages...

Anyway, without further ado:

my special needs wrackspurt... and his new friend.
Disclaimer: I only made wrackspurt, cork necklace, and radish earrings. Doll was made by Missy Kirtley.