The Lone Arranger

Don't you wish you knew exactly where everything was in your home? Wouldn't it be nice to have a simple system to keep your home organized? Don't know where to start? That's where I come in.

I can help you get your clutter organized and under control. I will work with you in your home as we go through each room and ready its contents for recycling, donation, or keeping. When we're done you'll have a brand new and completely usable space to live in and enjoy.

Recently I did some work at a friend's apartment. She had a lot of clutter and no real system for putting things away. I met with her briefly beforehand and discussed her biggest problem areas and her goals for the space. We decided to start with her desk and surrounding area. As you can see below, boxes, books, papers, and more were scattered across the surface. In this pile were bus tickets, passports, receipts, and other such important documents. It was near impossible to locate anything. Her bookshelf and nearby corner piece were also affected, albeit not as bad. We decided to tackle all of it.

For the next two hours we sorted and trashed. Soon, the space began to look livable once more. We found logical places (that she agreed on) for all of her possessions, making it easy to find stuff in the future. Hopefully the system we created was not too different from her previous one of "throw it on the desk". She promised that it is easy enough to follow, and hopes to keep it up. I shall have to see when I check back for a follow up and part two: closets.

Desk - Before
Desk - After

Bookshelf - Before
Bookshelf - After




Corner - Before
Corner - After













 
Organizing. This is what I do for fun. And money. But mostly fun. Email me at ariel.birdoff@gmail.com if you're interested.