Nerdy: Douglas Adams Death Day Party

In honor of the 10th anniversary of Douglas Adams' death, I thought I would share with you my favorite quotes from his work. If you have other favorites, please feel free to comment with them.


He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.

The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred character attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in at number 79

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
I am missing a lot of favorites, I know. But it's early and I have to save some for Towel Day in a couple of weeks.

And so, I shall leave you with one of the more fabulous bits of dialog from the BBC mini series. Enjoy.